Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Top Dozen Read-alouds

I've asked this on 4Real, but I thought I'd post it here too (as some of you who read my blog might not be on 4Real and some of you on 4Real may have missed it).....

Anyway, I'm trying to come up with a list of the best read-alouds. So, what are you're top 10-12 read-alouds -- I'm talking chapter books, those books that require a commitment and where the kids and parents really get involved in the story.

What chapter books would you say were must read-alouds for a family?

Post here in the comments and I'll compile all the lists and see what we've got, ok?

1 comment:

love2learnmom said...

Hard to narrow it down, but here is quick attempt:

The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster

The Winged Watchman by Hilda Van Stockum

Twenty and Ten by Claire Huchet Bishop (or is it Bishop Huchet - I always forget)

The Mitchells Series by Hilda Van Stockum

The Good Master and The Singing Tree by Kate Seredy

St. Therese and the Roses by Helen Walker Homan

Saint John Bosco and Saint Dominic Savio by Catherine Beebe

26 Fairmount Ave. Series by Tomie de Paola

Little House Books by Laura Ingalls Wilder

Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis

Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien

The King of the Golden City by Mother Mary Loyola

That's just a really quick attempt, but all ones that we love and could read again-and-again.