Saturday, August 23, 2008

Prayer: for all homeschool moms!

Dear Lord,
Through the intercession of our Blessed Mother, I ask you to assist me in my vocation
as a home-educating wife and mother. Let me be a light to my children, teaching them to grow ever closer to You through work, play, prayer and study. Show me how to be a blessing and comfort to my husband, uniting us in one mind and heart and helping us remember to choose Your holy will in all things. Bless our family with faithfulness, peace, joy, love and understanding, so that we may one day remain forever with you in Heaven.
AMEN!

[from Haystack Full of Needles: A Catholic Home Educator’s Guide to Socialization by Alice Gunther – pg 126-127]

2 comments:

Alice Gunther said...

Once again, Mary, you are the best!

Jennifer Gregory Miller said...

I love this prayer...you just reminded me what I meant to do, transcribe this for the year!