We'd like to use Michelangelo's Creation of Man image as the cover, but not the original. Would you ask your children under the age of 18, to do a sketch, drawing or painting of the Creation of Man? Ted Schluenderfritz, who will do the layout of the cover, will choose the winner for the cover of the book. The winner will receive a free copy of the book and credit for being the artist.
We'd like the submissions by February 15th.
Here are the guidelines:
- anyone under the age of 18 can compete -- public, private, parochial or home-educated
- only hand-done work will be reviewed (no computer graphics allowed)
- the image should be scanned in at high res and sent to Margot at Hillside -- or you can send the original to Margot (Hillside Education, 475 Bidwell Hill Road, Lake Ariel, PA 18436) for her to scan
- the artist can draw all of the picture, or only God and Adam, or just the fingers touching ... whatever they'd like as long as it is clearly a representation of Michelangelo's original
- any 2-d media may be used for this project -- collage, paint, pen-and-ink, colored pencil, whatever.
Any questions .... please email me or Margot!
Thanks so much and please keep this project in your prayers as I really think it is important to encourage creativity but only the good, the true and the beautiful -- there is plenty of bad, false and ugly out there already!