Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Kreativ Blogger Award

Kathryn over at The Bookworm has honored me by nominating me for the Kreativ Blogger award because, as she puts it, I'm a "knitter extraordinaire" -- well, after almost 40 years of doing something, it becomes pretty easy! But it makes me feel good that she thinks of me in the creative realm, especially as I just finished writing a new book (which will be published this Spring by Hillside Education) titled In His Image: Nurturing Creativity in the Heart of the Home. How timely is that?

Kathryn is one of those people I "know" through the internet only; we've NEVER met in real life and yet I've known her for 10 or more years. One of these days, I'll go visit her in England!

I love awards like this ... not just because they make me feel warm and fuzzy inside ... but also because I find out about tons of really cool blogs that I didn't know about. And it seems that many of the ladies linked through Kathryn's (going backward) are actually knitters! Very cool!

The rules for acceptance of this award are ...
1. Copy the award to your site
2. Link to the person from whom you received the award
3. Nominate 7 other bloggers
4. Link to those on your blog
5. Leave a message on the blogs you nominated.

This is going to be hard as I know so MANY really creative types ... and most of them blog! So, altho this list is not definitive (nor in any set order), it does cover the spectrum of creativity:

  1. Mary at Our Domestic Church is my old crafting cohort and is an amazingly creative woman in many, many ways! Someday we may be physically close enough again to craft together; till then, I feast vicariously on her work!
  2. Jennifer at As Cozy as Spring has some of the most amazing projects and homeschool ideas; besides, she likes my jokes and is always polite even when I'm wrong.
  3. Alice at Cottage Blessings is amazing (and probably getting ready to deliver a baby any day, so may not get this for a while). We still talk about her Lenten Tea and her Advent blocks and other wondrously creative items we use all the time around our home ... all from Alice's creative spirit.
  4. Elizabeth at In the Heart of My Home is another of those women that I've known for a long time and finally got to meet this year. Her creativity flourishes in her home and her family ... and she's always willing to share her knowledge and gifts with those around her.
  5. Crafty Crow is one of those blogs I check daily (if not more often). She maintains a clearing-house or collective of all kinds of cool, crafty things for kids (and their grown-ups) to do ... from cooking to sewing to collaging ... it's all there! She also maintains her own designer blog at Bella Dia.
  6. Joanne at Yarn Spinner is a knitter, designer, spinner and all round wonderful lady to read! She lives with her professor husband and two dogs and still can produce gorgeous stuff. And her blog is just plain fun to read! An interesting side-note is that she and her husband bought my house in Durham when I got remarried 11 years ago! Now, that's a small world.
  7. Anne at Under Her Starry Mantle makes Catholicity creative in her love of the Church and the creative ways she shows her devotions. Her craft projects are wonderful, but so too are writings and meditations and just love of life!

As you can see, this is an eclectic mix ... but it's a fun award; don't forget to click backwards to Kathryn's post and so-on. This is like a blogosphere chain-letter where you actually get to "meet" the receivers!

2 comments:

Leonie said...

Ooh, some new blogs for me to visit. Thank you! And congrats on your award, too. :-)

Alice Gunther said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you dear Mary! You are too kind!