Monday, March 05, 2007

Second Sunday of Lent: The Transfiguration

This week the Gospel is taken from that of St. Luke (Chap9:28-36) which is known as the Transfiguration. Jesus takes Peter, John and James to pray on the mountain. Suddenly, Moses and Elijah appear and Jesus is changed into "dazzling white" garments. The apostles are shaken, but Peter, coming out of his stupor is ready with a plan. Peter always has a plan. His plan, not always God's plan. So God interrupts Peter and says "LISTEN -- Listen to my son".

This is what I need to do more of -- listening! Being quiet (this is the hard part) and letting God tell me what he wants of me....being quiet and "hearing" God's plan ... this is hard, but I'm really trying this Lent to shut up and listen more.....

1 comment:

Leonie said...

Lovely post - and the being still and listening part is hard for me, too.I am attending a weekly Lenten programe and one part I really like is the time for quiet reflection.