Wednesday, September 19, 2007

It's 4real -- A Loving Online Community

About two years ago, I wrote a blog post about the wonderful community I stumbled into when I joined 4real forum back in 2005. My sister had just been in a horrible accident and I went online to ask for prayers -- and, in addition to prayers, I got an outpouring of love, concern and offers of help from folks across the country and across the world. People whom I'd never met in real life ("IRL" as the techies say) were offering to help my mom get down to my sister's hospital bedside, were re-arranging their lives to accommodate mine, and just generally being there for me. It was amazing.

The reason for this post today is that one of the 4realers just posted a thank you to all of us 4realers for our generosity, comraderie, advice and sharing. In other words -- two years later, with phenomenal growth in our ranks, 4real is still FOR REAL -- it's still a wonderful community of like-minded folk who may fuss at each other but who would give each other the shirt off their back.

So, altho I get a bit of a hard time from some of my family members -- I LOVE 4real and the community of which I'm part! And THANK YOU to all my 4real friends .... you really have made me a better person.

No comments: